none
BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device RRS feed

• Dotaz

• Hey Guys,

Greetings...

I need a big support from you guys..

I made .vhdx file from power shell (succeeded)

here the code which i ran in PS

New-NanoServerImage -Edition Datacenter -MediaPath E:\ -BasePath E:\Nano -TargetPath E:\Nano\NanoSVR01.vhdx -DeploymentType Host -OEMDrivers -Storage -ComputerName NanoSVR01 -Package Microsoft-NanoServer-IIS-Package, Microsoft-NanoServer-DNS-Package

but after i attached it to hyper-V show this Error

Stop Code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

neděle 15. října 2017 6:03

Všechny reakce

• What generation is the guest? Would need to be generation 2 for a nano created as a vhdx.

Also worth noting but not directly related, from Install Nano Server

Important

Starting in Windows Server, version 1709, Nano Server will be available only as a container base OS image. Check out Changes to Nano Server to learn what this means.

Also have a look at Nano Server Image Builder
    neděle 15. října 2017 14:30
  • Hi ORION_LK,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

úterý 17. října 2017 8:21
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

úterý 31. října 2017 9:54
  • The deploymenttype you provided was host which is for bare metal servers not to run as a VM
    • Upravený dv8inpp pondělí 7. října 2019 4:07
    pondělí 7. října 2019 4:06