none
trouble connecting devices to win server 2016. RRS feed

• Frage

• Hi,

I have a terminal gun , something like this:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour

This device was connected to win sbs 2011 using rdp over wi fi, LNA not checked, for years.

I replaced the sbs 2011 server by a win server 2016 (other domain), and created a user with the same rights (remote desktop user, admin of the server), LNA not checked. I changed credentials on the gun. The gun can still connect to the old server, not to the new one. A laptop can connect to both servers in RDP using wifi and gun credentials.

A sporadic error message appears in event viewer on the server, in RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS:

'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in CUMRDPConnection::CreateVirtualChannel at 2349 err=[0xd0000001]"

(Error, event 227, module remoteFx). Can someone  explainme what it is and how to fix that?

Alain Bourgeois

Dienstag, 13. August 2019 21:39

Alle Antworten

• Hi

1 can you enter gpresult /h rds.html on server 2016 and check if you enable remote fx in remote desktop service 
    Cause
    Once you enable remote FX on session host server on server 2016, the sessions are restricted to only one session at a time.
    Resolution
    Currently support is limited to single user RDSH (desktop only) when Remote FX is enabled.

2 is there any policy in below on w2016 
    computer configuration\administrative templates\windows componets\remote desktop services\remote desktop connection client
    computer configuration\administrative templates\windows componets\remote desktop services\remote desktop session host

3 "LNA not checked" did you mean NLA is not enable on w2016 ?
    can you enter winver in command prompt on w2016 and look the os version ?
    5 do you install windows server essentials experience role on w2016 server ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Mittwoch, 14. August 2019 10:07
  • 1. FX doesn't appear in rds.html file

2.  is there any policy in below on w2016 
    computer configuration\administrative templates\windows componets\remote desktop services\remote desktop connection client

=> I didn't find where to check... but didn't add any.

3.  LNA is not enabled

4.  winver: windows server 2016 16.07, 14393.3115.

5. No.

Alain Bourgeois

Mittwoch, 14. August 2019 21:22
  • HI
    there is a similar case for your reference.
    CreateVirtualChannel at 2349 err=[0xd0000001]
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/627f1c9f-fa4a-47fe-9ae2-7e467d79b91d/rds-2016-remotefx-killing-connections?forum=winserverTS

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Donnerstag, 15. August 2019 14:51
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations

DWORD:  fEnableRemoteFXAdvancedRemoteApp:  0x00000001 (1)

Unfortunately, the key specified in your article doesn't exist in win2016.

Alain Bourgeois

Donnerstag, 15. August 2019 17:52
  • HI
    6 " I changed credentials on the gun. The gun can still connect to the old server, not to the new one. A laptop can connect to both servers in RDP using wifi and gun credentials."
    6.1 did you mean there is only client computer can not remote access problematical w2016 ?
    6.2 what's "gun" mean ? is it standard domain user account ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Montag, 19. August 2019 08:24
  • By gun I mean a win ce 5 terminal.

For win CE 5, RDP access on port 3389 is not enough. RDS has to be installed, and to use port 443 (and it breaks IIS for exchange). It is fixed meanwhile.

Alain Bourgeois

Montag, 19. August 2019 19:53