none
How do I disable SSV Helper in Internet Explorer with Group Policy or a registry key push?

Frage

• I can disable SSV Helper in I.E. and I don't get annoying Java popups.

How I want to make this change to all my workstations with Group Policy or a reg push in Windows 2008 Active directory.

How do I do that?

Freitag, 17. Juni 2011 20:59

Antworten

• Hi,

You can try to follow these two suggestion to disable SSV Helper via GPO:

Suggestion one:

Create or Edit an gpo.
    Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Security Features -> Add-on Management.
    Enable the Add-on List setting and Press the "Show.." button and then "Add..." button
    Write the classid of the addon  you want to disable in the "Enter the name of the addon to be added" field and write 0 in the "Value" field.

Classid of my Java SSV 2 Helper addon is {DBC80044-A445-435B-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} , Brackets must be included,

To find out the class id of an addon in Internet Explorer 8:
    Go to Tools menu ->Manage Add-ons
    Highlight the addon you want to check and press the More information link in the lower left corner. Classid along with some other information will appear in the popup.

Suggestion two:

1 Go to User Configuration
    2 Select Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Software Rectriction Policies
    3 On the Software Restriction Policies branch, right click and select "New Software Restriction Policy"
    4 Select Addtitional Rules
    5 On the right hand, right click and select "New Path Rule"
    6 Browse to the \windows\pchealth\binaries\helpctr.exe
    7 Security level: Dissallowed

If it doesn’t work, I suggest to contact Windows Server Forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Furthermore, I do not recommend modify registry. Modifying REGISTRY settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of REGISTRY settings can be solved. Modifications of these settings are at your own risk.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards, 

Leo   Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Montag, 20. Juni 2011 08:46

Alle Antworten

• Hope this link will be help full see the

http://www.favbrowser.com/speed-up-internet-explorer/

see "Vygantas Lipskas"post in link

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Samstag, 18. Juni 2011 00:57
  • What is the registry key for the SSV Helper?
    Samstag, 18. Juni 2011 22:41
  • Hi,

You can try to follow these two suggestion to disable SSV Helper via GPO:

Suggestion one:

Create or Edit an gpo.
    Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Security Features -> Add-on Management.
    Enable the Add-on List setting and Press the "Show.." button and then "Add..." button
    Write the classid of the addon  you want to disable in the "Enter the name of the addon to be added" field and write 0 in the "Value" field.

Classid of my Java SSV 2 Helper addon is {DBC80044-A445-435B-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} , Brackets must be included,

To find out the class id of an addon in Internet Explorer 8:
    Go to Tools menu ->Manage Add-ons
    Highlight the addon you want to check and press the More information link in the lower left corner. Classid along with some other information will appear in the popup.

Suggestion two:

1 Go to User Configuration
    2 Select Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Software Rectriction Policies
    3 On the Software Restriction Policies branch, right click and select "New Software Restriction Policy"
    4 Select Addtitional Rules
    5 On the right hand, right click and select "New Path Rule"
    6 Browse to the \windows\pchealth\binaries\helpctr.exe
    7 Security level: Dissallowed

If it doesn’t work, I suggest to contact Windows Server Forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Furthermore, I do not recommend modify registry. Modifying REGISTRY settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of REGISTRY settings can be solved. Modifications of these settings are at your own risk.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards, 

Leo   Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Montag, 20. Juni 2011 08:46
  • Hi,

Did your issue solved? Please feel free to give me any update.

Thanks.

Regards, 

Leo   Huang

Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2011 08:50
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Montag, 27. Juni 2011 09:24
  • To see registry changes, I usually run process monitor, and add the filter 'category contains write', and unclick the file changes button.  You can't export to a .reg file though.

Montag, 27. Juni 2011 15:05
  • The first suggestion works like a dream
    Donnerstag, 12. April 2012 13:03