none
what do I do? RRS feed

• Frage

• I have a Gateway DX 6840 desktop that I bought. It had win 7. I installed the complementary version of Windows 10. Now Windows update keeps trying to install Version 1709. Trouble is my DX6840 is not compatible. It cannot be installed. Now what do I do? every day windows downloads the newer version, everyday the installation locks up at 82%. Then the computer reverts to the original windows ten . next day same thing. Groundhog day all over again. Is my only option buying a new computer? Should I just reinstall win 7, MS support for 7 is almost over. HELP!

• Bearbeitet calltaker42 Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018 14:15
    Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2018 21:58

Alle Antworten

•   Are you sure about that version? The version number reflects the date of its release. June 2079 is still some time away. The current version is 1709, released in September 2017.

Bill

Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2018 22:21
  • Hi,

Did you mean fall creators update?

If yes, you can download the iso from Microsoft official website.

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update now available

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018 06:13
  • Sorry Bill, my error. You are correct.
    Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018 14:15
  • MY error as far as windows version.  1709 is what I meant.   It tries to update to win 1709 daily to no avail.  Windows supports tells me that my computer is not compatible and offered no alternative solutions.

Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018 14:18