none
Fresh install of WIndows 10 1903 "windows hello face" "This option is currently unavailable- click to learn more" RRS feed

• Frage

• Hello,

I have a new laptop which i've just reformatted from scratch.   It has Windows 1903 fresh install of a clean drive.   I have all the latest drivers installed and the camera works for skype.  It is not joined to a domain, it is just a freshly installed OS with only skype installed - no antivirus, no additional firewall, nothing else installed.    My device manager doesn't have any unknown devices.

When I go to settings, accounts, sign-in options, it lets me configure the fingerprint reader but when I click on hello face, it says

This option is currently unavailable, - click to learn more

We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face.

Samstag, 24. August 2019 19:32

Alle Antworten

• Troubleshoot problems with Windows Hello on Surface

Same is applicable for others also.

I shall suggest you to go through Barb Bowman's post here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/windows-hello-face-not-working/26ba8297-6b9f-481b-ae3b-5c5a0a989396

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sonntag, 25. August 2019 01:04
  • Hello,

Make sure you've installed latest webcam drivers for your system model from your device manufacturer's website.

Also try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 1.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

If issue still persists, refer FIX 2 provided here:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-hello-isnt-available-on-this-device-windows-10

Let me know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Sonntag, 25. August 2019 08:46
  • Hi,

When you look at Sign-in options, does it not offer you to create a PIN?  If the/a device won't support Hello, should, still, have the PIN route available, instead.

If, that is not, already, there then, there is the other info in this thread from Kapil as to how to enable PIN

Go PIN rather than fussing over Hello.  PIN is brilliantly secure!

Cheers,
    Drew

Drew - IT Pro / MS Partner/Partner Company / Windows Insider / Owner - Computer Issues

Sonntag, 25. August 2019 09:53
  • Hi,

You may also try to turn off Fast startup:

Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Choose what Power buttons do > Change settings that are unavailable > uncheck Fast Startup.

Then check the issue again.

More information, please refer to:

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint-not-working-after-the/8575f2b6-8c9d-4e4d-85da-f6fd7f29f129

Hope it could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Montag, 26. August 2019 17:27
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Samstag, 31. August 2019 15:40
  • I've tried all methods including changing registry, windowsBiometric services, updating windows and drivers. They didn't work. In my case, I added a new user (Add someone else to this PC) on the Accounts page (Family & other users) by creating a new Microsoft account. I was allowed to set up the Windows Hello for this new user. The new user was set to Administrator. Then I logged out and logged in with the old Admin account. Finally Windows allowed me to set up Hello for the old Admin account!!!!

• Bearbeitet CW-_- Montag, 25. November 2019 02:16
    Montag, 25. November 2019 02:14
  • Very nice to read of your good "All's well that ends well" news! 

It needed you to show it how it's done in the "Other Acc't". (wink)

Cheers,
    Drew

Drew - IT Pro / MS Partner/Partner Company / Windows Insider / Owner - Computer Issues

Montag, 25. November 2019 02:23