none
Slow upload speed to QNAP NAS since Build 1809 and 1903 RRS feed

• Frage

• Untill W10 Build 1803 uploading files to a QNAP NAS (different NAS's and different firmware) was stable and on average 2,5 to 3mb per second.

Build 1809 and 1903 have an average of 400kb p/sec. 

This is normal NFS file uploading via Windows explorer.

Can anybody tell whats happening?

This is reproducible on the different Windows build

Mittwoch, 5. Juni 2019 13:05

Alle Antworten

• Hello Ravestein,

Are the NFS versions used by these machines the same?

Are these machines in the same network environment?

Do slow upload machines need to go through some other routers/switches?

"This is reproducible on the different Windows build"

You mean the other 1809 and 1903 machines are all slow to upload, right?

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2019 06:14
  • Leon,

I have 3 machines beside each other and I upload a file (500mb) to a nas. All to the same location.

1 Build 1803, 1 Build 1809 and 1 build 1903.

Only Build 1803 is fast, the other 2 are slow.

Something has changed in build 1809 and 1903 that makes uploading slow.

Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2019 06:50
  • Hello Ravestein,

I also think that some patches may affect the 1809 and 1903 machines.

But I don't have NAS device and can't verify it with experiments.

Besides, why don't you use the SMB protocol to let clients communicate with NAS devices?

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2019 07:51
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.
    Please let us know if you would like further help.

Best regards,
    Leon

Dienstag, 11. Juni 2019 09:40
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Leon

Freitag, 14. Juni 2019 06:12
  • Sorry for the late response, have been busy.

Still no luck. I keep on searching

• Bearbeitet Ravestein Freitag, 14. Juni 2019 09:17
    Freitag, 14. Juni 2019 09:17
  • OK. Then I will continue to keep this post open, and maybe others can provide some ideas.

Also, you can try to use SMB protocol to let clients communicate with NAS devices to see if the situation is different.

Best Regards,

Leon

Dienstag, 18. Juni 2019 09:17
  • Hello Ravestein,

When you speak of "NFS" do you specifically mean the Network File System protocol originally developed by Sun Microsystems or is it used in generic way to cover any type of network file sharing?

That question aside, open could make short network traces of a file transfer from both 1809 and 1903 systems and look for differences in TCP window size, scaling, etc.. Once we have identified at a network protocol level a possible cause for the speed difference, we will be in a better position to know which aspect of the Windows configuration to look at more closely.

Gary

Dienstag, 18. Juni 2019 09:48
  • I am experiencing the exact same issue, on thunderbolt 3, 1809 was working fine transferring around 1.2GB/sec now on 1903 its less than 400kb/sec or less, updated all drivers for thunderbolt but no go, go back to 1809 works fine. 
    Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2019 01:38
  • For me, exactly the same.

How can you go back to 1809?

Montag, 7. Oktober 2019 16:47
  • How gentlemen,

I have the same problem.

Mij PC is running on Windows 10 pro build 1903

Does anyone have a solution for it

Montag, 21. Oktober 2019 19:20