none
alternate wifi connection RRS feed

• Question

• when ever I'm online i get connection issues and when i look at my wifi connection i find that windows has created a second wifi connection of the first one with the same name except it will have the number 2 for example the first one is CM***** then the second one will be CM*****2 and every time this happens i go in to manage wifi and click forget CM*****2 and remove it it will come back in a few hours while I'm studding or researching online i really need help with this problem.
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:55 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

I recommend your remove all wifi profile under these registry keys and check this issue:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Signatures\Unmanaged

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Nla\Cache

Also, update your wireless adapter driver from manufacturer's website, make sure the version is applied to Windows 10, if not, try to reinstall it in compatibility mode to see the results. 

In addition, check events under Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/Operational for our research. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:37 PM
    Owner