none
Another install is already running error

Question

• Win7 client was running fine. I installed Office 2007, ran windows updates afterwords to patch it and every update failed because some other install failed and is locked and won't let any updates run. Even the install cleanup tool fails because something is already installing.
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:20 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Would you please let me know which application failed to be installed? Is there any failure information? If so, please capture the screenshot and upload it to Skydrive, and let me know the link.

At this stage, you can perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Verify Windows Installer service.

a. Click "Start", go to run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and press Enter.

b. Click Continue button to verify the administrator permission.

c. Right click the "Windows Installer" service and choose Properties.

d. On General tab click Start.

e. Choose Automatic next to Startup type.

f. Click OK.

2. Perform a Clean Boot and install Windows Update again.

3. Uninstall the application which failed to be installed completely and then reinstall again.

However, if the issue persists, please refer to the following steps to collect the Event Log for research.

a. Click "Start", input "eventvwr" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter.

b. Expand the "Windows Logs" node on the left pane, right-click on "Application" and click "Save All Events As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click save.

c. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys".

d. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and upload them to SkyDrive ( www.skydrive.live.com ), and then share the link for me.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, October 12, 2009 1:40 AM
    Friday, October 09, 2009 6:34 AM