none
Explorer unable to display hidden subfolder of "Temporary Internet Files" folder

Question

• C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files "subfolder of this hidden directory path are not displayed while other hidden file and folder are viewable higher up the tree"

I can type in the folder OLK30 and get a display in the path of ie: C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK30 as well as the content of the folder.

It is like the ATTRIB of this folder does not allow it to viewable.  There are other Sub-Folder besides the OLK and OLK30 that are not viewable as well. 

Using RUN CMD and then CD C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK30  This will display the folder and the content.

The only way I can view list of the folder in the C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ is to use the command prompt directory path C:\Documents and Settings\David\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK30 and then the command DIR

I use to be able to see these folders.  Is there away to get the view back? 

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 5:38 AM

All replies

• Thanks for making me think that I am not crazy.  I didn't know if this was a group policy or SP (service pack)  issue.  The only other way I have found to view these subfolders is when you are exploring the folder you can type content.ie5 and view the subfolders.  You then have complete access to them.  The OLK folder is a little more difficult because the OLK numbers may change. My subfolder happens to be OLK55.  You can go to the regristry and find out the current sub folder. 

Hope this helps and thanks for your post.

Mike Kern
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:24 PM