none
How can I get the Golden Keys RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

My company is going to upgrade some new PCs. I just found that company has product keys (label cards only) but does not have activation keys (Golden Keys). I do need tha Golden Keys to do the progresses: 1> Inactivate MS Office 2013 on the OLD PC; 2> using the Golden key reinstall MS Office 2013 on the NEW PC and activate the product.

Please advice.

Friday, November 1, 2019 3:33 AM

All replies

• I called this morning to ShangHai Microsoft Support Center. Your colleage suggested me to open an account here. Microsoft support personnel will help me on this forum / platform
    Friday, November 1, 2019 4:14 AM
  • Those links are not what I want!!

On hand, I have ~20 MS Office 2013 label cards and ~15 MS Office 2016 label cards but DO NOT have the GOLDEN KEYS / ACTATION KEYS.

I just joint this company. I don't have any previous or passed history records.

PLEASE HELP!!

On this opportunity, I would like to collect ALL GOLDEN KEYS.

Friday, November 1, 2019 6:44 AM
  • Hi,

This forum is mainly for general questions related to the Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus, it excludes the retrieve of product key. For security reasons, the full product key isn’t displayed within Office or Windows. Thanks for your understanding.

In addition, I do not understand the mean of “Golden Key”, but I would suggest you run ospp.vbs command on computers to check the Office information and the activation method.

Please search CMD, right-click the Command Prompt and run as administrator. Then copy and paste the command, click Enter at last:

1. For Office 2013

cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"ospp.vbs /dstatus

(If the 32-bit Office run in 64-bit Windows)

cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"ospp.vbs /dstatus

2. For Office 2016

cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\"ospp.vbs /dstatus

(If the 32-bit Office run in 64-bit Windows)

cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\"ospp.vbs /dstatus

Then you could get the result like the following picture. From the information of license name, license description, we could get the Office product name and the activation method.

For volume licensed Office (Office ProPlus and Office Standard), they could be activated by KMS or MAK. The Office which activated by MAK, they could have one MAK with number limitation. To get the key, you could try to login to VLSC or contact VLSC support for help. The Office which activated by KMS, in general, there is a KMS host key, and other computers in the network connect to KMS host for regular activation. To get the KMS host key, you could try to contact VLSC support too.

For retail Office (Office Home and Business, Office Pro), they could have own keys, and the keys could be associated with the users’ Microsoft accounts. To get the keys, please try to refer to Can I view my product key online, I lost or damaged my product key. And if you have a valid proof of purchase, you could try to contact Microsoft support.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any more questions or require further help.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:22 AM
  • Hi, 

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Emily 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, November 8, 2019 1:34 AM
  • Hi,

Although I did not hear your problem, I hope your problem has been resolved. I would provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

====================

Request/Expectation:

Find back the key of Office.

====================

Suggestions

For security reasons, the full product keys are not displayed within Office or Windows.

1. For volume licensed Office, it is recommended to login to VLSC check the key or contact VLSC support for help.

2. For retail Office, try to contact Microsoft support for help and provide a valid proof of purchase, 

====================

Reference Links:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-product-keys-with-office-12a5763a-d45c-4685-8c95-a44500213759?wt.mc_id=SMCPkeyIA&ui=en-US&rs=en-SG&ad=SG#bkmk_viewkey

====================

Best Regards,

Emily

Monday, November 25, 2019 10:49 AM