none
Windows 10 1803, touchpad doesn't popup for password fields in Chrome RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows 10 versions before 1803, when you touch a text field or a password field in Chrome (without a physical keyboard), Windows pops up the on screen keyboard.

However, starting in Windows 10 version 1803, ONLY regular text fields in chrome pop up the on screen keyboard.  Clicking into a password field does not trigger the on screen keyboard to popup.

Same version of Chrome, nothing has changed in Chrome. 

I have reformatted and installed Windows 10 1803 fresh, it still does not work, but it still works fine in Windows 10 1709 and earlier.

Is there something in this new version of Windows 10 that has changed in this area?

Friday, March 30, 2018 11:39 PM

All replies

• 1803 is still in release cycle, as the to the Feedback Hub.
    Friday, March 30, 2018 11:43 PM
  • However, starting in Windows 10 version 1803, ONLY regular text fields in chrome pop up the on screen keyboard.  Clicking into a password field does not trigger the on screen keyboard to popup.

Is the problem only with Chrome?  Also, does this mean you could enter your password in the first field, capture to Clipboard with a Cut, enter your user name, and then Paste your password (as a workaround)?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, March 31, 2018 6:22 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, for the release of this version still need some days.

Considering the Update will be released recently, if the issue persists, you could try the built-in "Feedback" tool to submit the issue on your side.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:17 AM
  • However, starting in Windows 10 version 1803, ONLY regular text fields in chrome pop up the on screen keyboard.  Clicking into a password field does not trigger the on screen keyboard to popup.

Is the problem only with Chrome?  Also, does this mean you could enter your password in the first field, capture to Clipboard with a Cut, enter your user name, and then Paste your password (as a workaround)?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

That is correct.  I can type in the user field, cut/paste into the password field.  There is something about password fields that do not trigger the keyboard.  Only chrome?  So far, yes.  I put this on the Chrome forum and they said it was a Window problem because it works in 1709.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:17 PM
  • Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Encountering this same problem after upgrading to 1803.  Worked fine in 1709.  Only happens in Chrome.
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:29 PM
  • 1803 has been officially released, and this is still a problem.  I cannot get Google to do anything because they say it is a Windows problem.  I put this on the Insider Feedback weeks ago, but no response there at all.
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:00 AM
    • Edited by FreeSoftDK Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:52 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:52 AM
  • Same problem here.

1803 with electron-app, no touchkeyboard on password fields

need a fix for this.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:21 AM
  • Crickets from Microsoft. Any word on this?
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:20 PM
  • I have this problem on all chromium browsers (chrome, opera, vivaldi), but not on firefox, so Im assuming it's some kind of chrome issue.  This field Im typing in, however, doesnt work in firefox.  Go figure.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 6:26 PM
  • Same problem here, Can't get the keyboard to show up on password fields on Chrome, nor Electron web browser (Chromium) as of Windows 1803. It's a pretty big problem.
    • Proposed as answer by Geevo Monday, July 23, 2018 6:23 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Geevo Monday, July 23, 2018 6:23 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2018 2:01 PM
    • Edited by FreeSoftDK Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:35 PM link
    • Proposed as answer by FreeSoftDK Tuesday, August 21, 2018 6:16 PM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:35 PM