none
Windows 7 OS: how to terminate the TELNET session through the window handler

Question

• Hi All,

I'm using Windows 7 OS and the DOS prompt to start the Tcl/TK script.  What I notice is that I can terminate the TELNET session in Windows XP through the "close" command in the Tcl, which sends an interrupt signal to the Window handler and terminate the spawned TELNET session.

In Windows 7 OS, the "close" command in the Tcl does close the TELNET session.  However, it does not close the TELNET windows.  Therefore, if I start 100 TELNET sessions and close 100 TELNET sessions, I would still have 100 TELNET session windows that are opened.  The moment that I "exit" or "close" the DOS prompt, then all of these TELNET sessions would close.

Is there a way for me to close the TELNET session(s) that are started in the DOS prompt with the interrupt signal sending to its window handler in Windows 7 OS?

Thank you very much for your help. 

-Peter

Monday, October 11, 2010 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows 7 related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows 7 forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:51 AM