none
Remote Connection from Laptop to Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Just updated my Desk top and work lap top to windows 10 pro I can not remote desk top from my lap top to my desk top when I am not on the same network? Am I missing a setting to connect ?
    Friday, September 20, 2019 9:10 PM

All replies

• If you are on the same network;

1. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System >Advances system setting > Remote Allow remote connections to this computer.
    2. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps >Change Settings >Find Remote Desktop and turn it on.
    3. Press Windows+ R Writing services.msc then open Look for service "Remote" then check if all these services are running.

If you are in a not on the same network;

1. You’ll need to log into your router and have it forward all traffic using TCP port 3389 to the IP address of the PC running Remote Desktop then check it.
    2. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System >Advances system setting > Remote Allow remote connections to this computer.
    3. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps >Change Settings >Find Remote Desktop and turn it on.
    4. Press Windows+ R Writing services.msc then open Look for service "Remote" then check if all these services are running.

Friday, September 20, 2019 10:08 PM
  • HI
     1 Are your desktop and laptop added in the same AD domain ?or Are they all in workgroup ?
     2 if your desktop and laptop are in the same subnet network ,will the problem still exist ?
     3 if you telnet your desktop ,will it also can not work ?
      To test the functionality of port 3389, use this command from the Client: Telnet tserv 3389
        where "tserv" is the host name of your Terminal Server.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/187628/using-telnet-to-test-port-3389-functionality
     4 when you remote access from win10 laptop to win10 desktop by using remote desktop connection ,is there error message return?
       when the problem happen ,is there more related log on both win10 computer ?
    client win10
    event viewer\windows logs\
    application
    security
    system
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-SessionServices_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Admin
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-sessionservices
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-remoteconnectionmanagement
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-local sessionmanager

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 7:58 AM
  • HI

Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:16 AM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Sunday, September 29, 2019 11:28 PM