none
Folder Redirection don't work on Windows 10 (Server2012R2) RRS feed

• Question

• Since I'm tested with Windows 10 on my domain network I've the folowing problem: folder redirection do'nt work on my Windows 10 machienes.

My environment is:

Server 2012 and Server 2012R2. My domain functional level is Server 2008 R2. We have DFS for our folder synchornisation and we have namespaces for our folders: \\domain.mgt\home$\%username%\[redirectedfolder]. Every user has alsu a H:\ network drive with \\domain.mgt\home$\%username%. De H-drive works fine, no folders are redirected on login.

Saturday, August 29, 2015 7:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jesse_,

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.

Here is a similar symptom for reference, we could refer to GrinZZZ`s answer to have a check:

Folder Redirection GPO not working on Windows 10 Client                               
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62f8eb91-1978-46ea-b521-a02d79072820/folder-redirection-gpo-not-working-on-windows-10-client?forum=win10itprogeneral

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:29 AM
  • The method you linked does not seem to apply to an environment where the Domain Controller is Server 2012 R2 STD. The folder redirection works fine on Windows 7 clients but does not work on Windows 10. It still uses the local C:\users\"Username" as the path.

I have been looking for an answer for a while now and have yet to find it.

Friday, October 30, 2015 6:30 PM
  • If you are using SCCM Current Branch you have to disable the User Profile and data or it breaks Folder Redirection. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/3060058

lforbes

Thursday, December 8, 2016 4:29 AM
  • If your computer is getting the configuration from SCCM then make the below changes.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserState\UserStateTechnologies\ConfigurationControls]
    i. "RoamingUserProfile"=dword:00000000
    ii. "FolderRedirection"=dword:00000000
    iii. "OfflineFiles"=dword:00000000

It should work. 

It worked for me. I tested it.

Regards

Soma.

+91-9866999912

soma srinivas.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:02 PM
  • Hello all,

I would like to say what worked for me was to put a VMI filter to the Folder redirection and to add domain users and domain computers to my OU Structure. S I have added the permissions on the DR folder. Make sure access is granted to the OU.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:50 AM