none
Snipping Tool Key bind Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to create a key bind to use snipping tool with. According to a thread here, you can do this via the shortcut tab in snipping tool properties. However, my snipping tool properties does not have the shortcut tab. Unfortalty I cannot link the thread nor post an image of my snipping tool properties, as "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account." Very unhelpful microsoft!

Thank you for your time

Monday, June 17, 2019 5:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you can't see the image below?

Try the following steps:

Open the System32 folder and right-click on SnippingTool.exe (or on its shortcut in the Program/Accessories folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories).

Select Properties. Here, you can set a hotkey for it.

Hope these are helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:37 AM
  • Like I said in my original post, my properties box does not have a shortcut tab.  Here is what the properties box looks like. https://imgur.com/a/1rxryM2

• Edited by Beanip Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:53 AM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

Got it.

Please follow the steps below to open the properties box.

1.Open the Start Screen.

2.Type "Snipping Tool" to search for the Snipping Tool.

3.Right-click the icon that appears in the search results and select "Open File Location" at the bottom of the screen.

4.In the Explorer window that opens right-click the Snipping Tool shortcut. Select "Properties".

5.In the "Shortcut" tab click into the "Shortcut Key" field.

Shortcut tab should be seen now.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:05 AM
  • This is now the third time I have said this: There is no shortcut tab. Did you open the link in my last post? It should very clearly show the problem I have. Here is that link: https://imgur.com/a/1rxryM2

• Edited by Beanip Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Yes, I got it when you first time say that.

Did you try the steps above?

The question is where you open the properties box.

Certain files, such as *.exe files do not have a shortcut tab when properties is opened.

The path as below, Please check it.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:55 AM
  • Ah, I see. That worked, thank you for your help.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:05 AM
  • Glad to hear that you have solved the problem, if the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

It will be helpful to other community members who have same questions.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:16 AM