none
BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER 0x000000C2 halmacpi.dll

Question

• Dear Sir,

I need a help for my boss PC....He said that blue-screen is occurred when open IE8.

Actually, I have reinstall another flesh PC to him. But problem still occur.

I think it related to some software compatibility but I cannot sure.

I upload the dmp file as below link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12223698/042814-18657-01.dmp

If need more information, please tell me.

Thank you very much.

Monday, April 28, 2014 3:37 AM

Answers

• Well, as I said above, the 0xC2 bug check indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request. As I cannot check the pool block with !pool, I cannot really see what's going on within the pool block and what it belongs to, but we have corrupt flink/brink chains which is usually at the fault of a driver causing corruption, or faulty RAM.

As with most crash dumps/bug checks, you are not told the issue directly, and troubleshooting is usually always necessary. I always remove the antivirus from the equation first, as it is the most common program to cause file system and overall memory corruption. This is why I recommended temporary removal and replacement for the antivirus, so if the crashes stop, we know it's the antivirus, and your boss can seek a replacement solution. If it's not the antivirus, then we begin moving forward with troubleshooting, with RAM diagnostics being the next step.

Regards,

Patrick

“Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” - Dalai Lama

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2) bug check.

This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.

BugCheck C2, {7, 109b, a030603, c8126358}

^^ Cannot seem to check 4th parameter.

2: kd> !pool c8126358
    GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82d8284c
    Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82d61e20

LOCK_ADDRESS:  82d7fbe0 -- (!locks 82d7fbe0)

Resource @ nt!PiEngineLock (0x82d7fbe0)    Available

WARNING: SystemResourcesList->Flink chain invalid. Resource may be corrupted, or already deleted.

WARNING: SystemResourcesList->Blink chain invalid. Resource may be corrupted, or already deleted.

-------------------

1. Remove and replace McAfee with Microsoft Security Essentials for temporary troubleshooting purposes:

McAfee removal - http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

MSE -  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

2. Uninstall System Center 2012 Configuration Manager ASAP.

Regards,

Patrick

Monday, April 28, 2014 4:21 AM
  • Thank Patrick,

For point 2. Uninstall System Center 2012 Configuration Manager

User PC did not install it. It just installed SMS Advanced Client (2.50.4253.3000)

Do I need to remove this?

Also, what should I do after follow your instruct?

One more thing, the blue-screen occurred after installed Microsoft Project 2000 one day ago.

And PC is using Office 2007. I am not sure that is related or not. Just for your reference.

Thank you very much.

• Edited by kezzini Monday, April 28, 2014 4:38 AM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 4:34 AM
  • For now, let's keep #2 installed, and please just keep me updated on the status of the system since #1.

Regards,

Patrick

Monday, April 28, 2014 5:05 AM
  • Patrick,

Sorry for late reply.

My boss do not accept #1...He said it should not related to Anti-virus program...

Does it any other solution? Or why you suggest #1?

I would like to explain to my boss...

Also, I have used WinDbg for DUMP file. The result is same with your post before.

Just for your reference.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12223698/bugcheck.txt

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:55 AM
  • Well, as I said above, the 0xC2 bug check indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request. As I cannot check the pool block with !pool, I cannot really see what's going on within the pool block and what it belongs to, but we have corrupt flink/brink chains which is usually at the fault of a driver causing corruption, or faulty RAM.

As with most crash dumps/bug checks, you are not told the issue directly, and troubleshooting is usually always necessary. I always remove the antivirus from the equation first, as it is the most common program to cause file system and overall memory corruption. This is why I recommended temporary removal and replacement for the antivirus, so if the crashes stop, we know it's the antivirus, and your boss can seek a replacement solution. If it's not the antivirus, then we begin moving forward with troubleshooting, with RAM diagnostics being the next step.

Regards,

Patrick

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:11 AM