none
How to add missing channels and guide listings

General discussion

• So I recently had to run the TV setup again and a few of the channels downloaded with the wrong frequencies and wouldnt play. (probably due to DTV transition confusion) 

Heres how to correct this issue by manually adding the channel and copying the guide listings over from the bad channel:

1.go to TASKS : SETTINGS ->TV -> GUIDE -> ADD MISSING CHANNELS

2.Add DTV Channel, enter the channel number, correct frequency, name and save.

3.Go to the GUIDE and right click on the new channel you created, select EDIT CHANNEL

4. choose EDIT LISTINGS and select the proper guide listing to copy.

5. In the CONFIRM CHANNEL EDIT page you have 2 choices "combine" or "copy" listings.

if you choose "combine" the listings will be moved to the new channel and the other channel will be deleted. If you "copy" the listings will only be copied.

also, if you dont know what frequency to use go to  http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

for australia, canada, uk , new zealand try http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/channels_us. (select your country)

Friday, March 6, 2009 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hey Thank you very much, i had to manually add the missing channels
    Monday, March 9, 2009 7:26 PM
  • I use HDHomeRun - and I have 3 PCs at home each capable of utilizing same HDHomeRun at home.

Its very tiresome to "edit" the 100+ listings of "missing channels" in my area. I guess I am OK doing it once. However, is there a way to save the listing so that:

1. I can import it into win 7 media center of other PCs in my home?
    2. I can flatten and rebuild my current media center and import the saved listings back into my media center?
    3. I do not have to re-enter all the listings if I have to re setup media center after I add/remove tuner into same installation

Even if it is unsupported it would be good to know :)

Thx.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:17 AM
  • Thanks.  I had a problem with this and saw the answer posted on the green button as well.

B
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:19 AM
  • I use HDHomeRun - and I have 3 PCs at home each capable of utilizing same HDHomeRun at home.

Its very tiresome to "edit" the 100+ listings of "missing channels" in my area. I guess I am OK doing it once. However, is there a way to save the listing so that:

1. I can import it into win 7 media center of other PCs in my home?
    2. I can flatten and rebuild my current media center and import the saved listings back into my media center?
    3. I do not have to re-enter all the listings if I have to re setup media center after I add/remove tuner into same installation

Even if it is unsupported it would be good to know :)

Thx.

Wait, you have 100+ missing channels??? Sounds like a larger problem. :)

Anyways, right now there is now way to backup or migrate scheduled programs, tuner settings or media center settings.

Many people have requested this from microsoft.

I have a "windows reinstall checklist" that I use to help me remember all the different things that I need to do after reinstalling windows, including a list of my 20+ scheduled recorded shows that i need to re enter everytime. :|

What's annoying is that if you ever run TV setup again, you have to add the missing channels again. 

Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:35 PM
  • FYI,

For some reason if you "ADD MISSING CHANNELS", windows 7 RC may not remove the old "SOURCES" (with bad frequencies) from your source list and your recordings may fail.

I was having "No TV Signal" recording issues on 2 channels that I added, watching Live TV on those channels worked fine, but recordings would fail.

When I viewed the "sources" for the 2 channels (goto GUIDE->[right click on each channel]->EDIT SOURCES), I found that each channel  had 6 sources instead of 3. (i only have 3 atsc tv tuners).  I simply unchecked the bad sources (ones with old frequencies) and kept the good sources. Now recordings work fine.

Thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpromedia/thread/158d2a13-0dc9-4dfa-8fbb-07b5a0910046/

Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:43 PM