none
Windows 7 - Professional or Enterprise? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a few queries that I am seeking answers for pertaining to Windows 7.

1. Should organizations go with Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Enterprise version?

2. What are the main differences between the two?

Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:29 PM

Answers

• The main differences is that the Enterprise version includes features such as:

- the ability to add language packs and change the OS to other languages than the default when installed.
    - features such as AppLocker, BitLocker, DirectAccess, BranchCache is only available in the Enterprise (or Ultimate) version.
    - licensing. With Enterprise you can have a central Key Management Server which automatically activate your clients so that you will not have to deal with liense keys and such on the clients.

To name a few major differences.

So based on the above and dependant on the size of the organization you can make a decision on which version you will go with. Enterprise is what I would recommend.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:35 PM

All replies

• The main differences is that the Enterprise version includes features such as:

- the ability to add language packs and change the OS to other languages than the default when installed.
    - features such as AppLocker, BitLocker, DirectAccess, BranchCache is only available in the Enterprise (or Ultimate) version.
    - licensing. With Enterprise you can have a central Key Management Server which automatically activate your clients so that you will not have to deal with liense keys and such on the clients.

To name a few major differences.

So based on the above and dependant on the size of the organization you can make a decision on which version you will go with. Enterprise is what I would recommend.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:35 PM
  • Thanks Andreas for your response. Much appreciated.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:22 PM