none
Display Driver / Blue Screen of Death

Question

• I keep getting a Blue Screen of Death saying "Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed" and a Stop error: 0x000000116A (0x863A41B8*, 0x8BA174E0*, 0x00000000, 0x00000002) with another code starting with nv1ddmkm which I can give if needed.

When I'm using my computer, the monitor goes blank and says 'Entering power save mode' then a few seconds later, it either turns back on as if nothing happened, or goes to that Blue Screen of Death - most of the time I get the Blue Screen. Also, once it happens once, I usually get the Blue Screen a few times before I can log into my computer and even start using it again - it happens a few times in a row, not just once. This has been happening for a few days now. I got a new graphics card(temporarily) because my computer crashed and when I turned it on, the screen stayed blank and never loaded, so I'm borrowing a spare graphics card and it works, but the computer still crashes. This Blue Screen however, only started after I got the new graphics card.

Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any and all help given. I really appreciate it.

*= These sets of digits change each Blue Screen
    • Edited by MattyBee Tuesday, June 30, 2009 7:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I suspect this issue should be related to the new graphics card. Please check if there is a new driver released for this device; if so, please try it.

Regarding the hardware issue, it is recommended that you contact the manufacture of the graphics card for technical support.

Hope the issue will be resolved soon. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 8:25 AM