none
Microsoft ISATAP Adapters not working in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• As it seems its only a problem showing in my device manager appears with a yellow exclamation mark but its not causing me any problems in my system that I hope not.What should I do?

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface

Saturday, June 18, 2011 6:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As I know Microsoft ISATAP is used to help enterprises transition to an IPv6 infrastructure. The ISATAP adapter encapsulates IPv6 packets by using an IPv4 header. This functionality enables the client to transport IPv6 traffic over an IPv4 infrastructure.

If you are using wireless devices, please disable IPv6 on your computer. To do this, please visit the following website.

How to configure a Windows Vista client to obtain an IPv6 DHCP address

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961433

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Monday, June 27, 2011 3:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Makonic Monday, June 27, 2011 4:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Makonic Monday, June 27, 2011 4:31 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As I know Microsoft ISATAP is used to help enterprises transition to an IPv6 infrastructure. The ISATAP adapter encapsulates IPv6 packets by using an IPv4 header. This functionality enables the client to transport IPv6 traffic over an IPv4 infrastructure.

If you are using wireless devices, please disable IPv6 on your computer. To do this, please visit the following website.

How to configure a Windows Vista client to obtain an IPv6 DHCP address

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961433

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Monday, June 27, 2011 3:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Makonic Monday, June 27, 2011 4:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Makonic Monday, June 27, 2011 4:31 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:55 AM
  • Yes I am using only wireless network connection...So should I disable all Microsoft ISATAP Adapters?

Monday, June 27, 2011 4:30 AM