none
How do I get my cursor back?

Question

• On my Lenovo T61 my cursor disappeared after Microsoft downloaded an update.   How do I get my cursor back?  There is no cursor anywhere.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:07 AM

Answers

• On my Lenovo T61 my cursor disappeared after Microsoft downloaded an update.   How do I get my cursor back?  There is no cursor anywhere.

Try using Mouse Properties to change it?  Others can at least activate the flashing concentric circles accessibility aid so they know where it is by pressing a Ctrl- key.   Also, it appears that some laptops have a function key which is designed to hide the pointer, e.g. when watching movies.   Perhaps your model has such a tool you could toggle?

BTW a better term to use to search for additional help with this symptom is Pointer.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:18 PM
  • Is your mouse still listed in device manager?  If so, you can go to properties > Driver and click on roll back driver if the update installed a new driver.

Jerry

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:48 PM

All replies

Try using Mouse Properties to change it?  Others can at least activate the flashing concentric circles accessibility aid so they know where it is by pressing a Ctrl- key.   Also, it appears that some laptops have a function key which is designed to hide the pointer, e.g. when watching movies.   Perhaps your model has such a tool you could toggle?

BTW a better term to use to search for additional help with this symptom is Pointer.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:18 PM
  • Is your mouse still listed in device manager?  If so, you can go to properties > Driver and click on roll back driver if the update installed a new driver.

Jerry

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:48 PM