none
SCCM Cloud Management Gateway - Devices not patching when on Internet RRS feed

• Question

• Afternoon Community :) 

I am having issues with devices when on the Internet not picking up patches. 

The error returned from the client Software centre is 0x80070057(-2147024809)

Error 0x80210438 There is no route or network connectivity to the endpoint.

My SCCM server console shows the CMG connecting fine.

The agent on the client shows the device as being on the INternet

The SCCM shows the agent as True for Device online from the internet and the Device MP shows as my CMG name

But the LocationServices log first shows as connecting to my CMG, but then failing back to my onprem MP which it obvs can't get to as it's behind my firewall.

The agent on the client lists my OnPrem MP as it's assigned MP and not the CMG.

Friday, August 16, 2019 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your scenario is there any problem with the deployment of packages and applications? Since it falls back to MP, then there may be some issues with the configuration, please kindly verify the communication between the client and CMG.

Best Regards,
    Tina 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:56 AM
  • Morning Tina,

We don't use the CMG currently at this time to deploy apps, just purely for patching. 

When you say to verify communication between the client & CMG, how exactly do I do that?

thanks

Jim

Monday, August 19, 2019 9:09 AM