none
How do I enable Stereo Mix on Sony Vaio

Question

• I have a Sony VAIO VPCEB24FD. I'm trying to broadcast audio from my computer to my friends (songs I listen to from my computer). I've read on the forums that it has something to do with a "stereo mix". So the audio driver I have installed is a "high definition audio device" by Microsoft. Digital version 6.1.7600.16385. Can someone walk me through the steps I need to take to be able to broadcast audio through manycam?

PS. I've already checked my disabled devices, stereo mix isn't there.

Thursday, November 25, 2010 12:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please ensure stereo mix is supported by the sound card.

I would suggest you to visit your computer manufacturer’s website and download and install the latest sound card (audio) drivers.

Sony eSupport - VPCEB24FD - Software Updates & Drivers

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the stereo mix does not show in sound panel after right-clicking and selecting Show Disabled Devices, it may indicate that the sound card does not support the stereo mix function. In order to confirm this, you can contact Sony manufacturer:

Sony eSupport - VPCEB24FD - Contact Support

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 26, 2010 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please ensure stereo mix is supported by the sound card.

I would suggest you to visit your computer manufacturer’s website and download and install the latest sound card (audio) drivers.

Sony eSupport - VPCEB24FD - Software Updates & Drivers

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the stereo mix does not show in sound panel after right-clicking and selecting Show Disabled Devices, it may indicate that the sound card does not support the stereo mix function. In order to confirm this, you can contact Sony manufacturer:

Sony eSupport - VPCEB24FD - Contact Support

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 26, 2010 10:38 AM
  • Believe it or not the update actually removed things. I didn't get a stereo mix, but I lost the ability to disable my microphone jack (not that I really cared abou that). I guess my laptop doesn't have stereo mix.

Thanks!

Friday, November 26, 2010 10:21 PM
  • the single solution for stereo mix for free  .. is to install windows xp on ur sony laptop ...thats all
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 3:41 PM
  • the single solution for stereo mix for free  .. is to install windows xp on ur sony laptop ...thats all

You can get Stereo mix on Vista or Windows 7. Just follow the below links:

Try this to Enable Stereo Mix on Windows 7 | Enable Stereo Mix on Windows Vista

Or Use Virtual Audio Cable to resolve Stereo Mix issue

Monday, May 23, 2011 6:26 PM
  • I I was just teXt chatting to a sony representative online; he saiw sony Vaio's sound cards dont support the stero mix feature and no matter what driver you install it will not work.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:16 PM
  • I just figured something clever;

Get a male to male audio cable and plug it in to both the Earphone jack and the Microphone jack. Then use whatever software you are using to record and set it so that it records the Microphone's audio feed.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:25 PM
  • Hey Alex!

Is there a substitute to the stereo mix option then?

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:46 PM