VISTA taskbar color

• I've seen other people ask this question in other forums -- HOPEFULLY, someone might have found a solution about that butt ugly black taskbar color - in XP at least you change it to blue, green, or silver NOT a great amount of choice but, still better than black AND I am someone who uses a black background - if, Microsoft does nothing else about that ugly taskbar at least give us a choice to make it blue (default) like in XP but, perhaps someone may have figured out a way to change it ------- ALSO, the new TWEAK VISTA does not help this - THANKS to anyone who has already found the cure to this dilemma.
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:52 PM

All replies

• i had this same issue for a long while. If you right click desktop, personalize, windows color and appearance, open clasic appearance properties, make sure Areo is enabled, go back to color and appearance, Chose a color square. this will change the window and taskbar color. however there is a small bug with vista that took me a while to figure out. If you have any apple software shortcuts (ie. quicktime, itunes) on your taskbar the color will not change. Simply delete the shortcuts and it will work. I searched everywhere on the web but it seems no one else figured this out. hope this helps.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 2:24 PM
  • Thanks for the tip! I was getting desperate, not being able to distinguish the top of the window from the frame of my computer in the evenings...

One detail I would like to add: it worked for me when I adjusted the intensity of the color in the color square. I chosed a dark version of the "blue" square: the top of the screen became blue, and the different tasks on the taskbar had clear separations (not to mention that they became more readable).

I can't understand what took Microsoft to impose us just black....

Ah well, thanks again, you made my evening! Smile
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 5:32 PM

I take it that you are on windows vista Basic

Because There isnt just black there is a number colours features on home premium,ultimate etc

So dont get overwhelmed about colours its just your operting system is the one that is not aero

My advice if your so worried about your colour UPGRADEEE

Xp Sucksss

It Professional Ryan

Sunday, October 26, 2008 5:12 PM