Windows 7 pro and Novell login RRS feed

• Question

• Racking my brain here. We are moving from XP Pro to Windows 7. We have users that log onto a machine as a local user and have users that log onto the same machine as a domain user (no, not at the same time) and we are a novell shop for now.

Example: Currently have XP Pro on most machines within the organization. Due to some of the work, there are users that log into a machine as a local user. This user has administrator rights, (I know, I know, don't ask). But on the same machine('s) a user can come on and log into the network.
    When the person that is logging in to the local machine only, they make sure the "Local machine" box is checked. The person that gets onto that machine later and needs to sign into the network, unchecks that box and then is able to log into the network.
    As simple as this sounds. I am having issues getting this to work on the Windows 7 pro machine.
    I have built the local account and when the system boots up and I choose the local machine, i get in fine.
    Now when I try to log into the network(novell client loaded on the machine). The login screen is up, I click on the "Log on the Novell Network" enter my user name and password, press enter, I get another login screen. This says "Novell Login succeded" and now wants me to log onto the local machine. This is the area I am having issues with. How do I bypass this screen?
    Yes, If I add the same user to the local machine user it works. I sholdn't have to do that and not going to do that for all the users within the domain.
    It does have a box to check that says "Change your windows password to match your novell password after a succesful login" I tried that and again, unless I create a local account for the novell user loggin it. It doesn't work.
    I hope this makes better sense.

Brad

Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:10 PM

All replies

• Have you checked with Novell to see if this is normal behaviour or not?
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:13 PM
  • This is a windows 7 issue. Novell is doing what it's suppose to do.

Brad

Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:33 PM