none
Toughbook loses mobile broadband connection intermittently when docked RRS feed

• Question

• We are testing the Panasonic CF-33 Toughbooks for field use and have had a number of connection issues with them. The one we cannot solve is intermittent connectivity once the device is docked in the cars and moving. These CF-33s all have had Windows 10 1803, 1809, 1903 and 1909 on them. They are on the Verizon Wireless network and the chipset for the EM is Sierra Wireless 7455 build 4915. We have tested them with AT&T and T-Mobile SIM cards as well with the same intermittent connectivity. I can provide all the troubleshooting steps if need be. Any ideas on why a laptop would lose connectivity when docked in a car (that does not use external antennas or modems)?
    Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:12 AM

All replies

• I'd consult Panasonic.
    TOUGHBOOK Support

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:44 AM
  • Hi,

I am sorry that since the limited resource in forum, we don’t have the environment of Panasonic CF-33 Toughbooks and cannot do tests.

We recommend that you can contact with the Panasonic support for better answers.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hope this can help you.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 20, 2020 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 2:30 AM
  • I already have contacted Panasonic support multiple times. I also met with Panasonic engineers multiple times and they keep blaming it on Microsoft and Windows 10. I was hoping someone else was having this same issue, as our county and local entities that support the CF-33 have the connection issue.
    Friday, January 24, 2020 5:16 AM
  • Hi jp_gray,

I understand the issue does not occur without docking in the cars and moving.
    Is this correct?

If correct,
    1) please check the strength of wave with a smartphone which has the same WiFi network as the CF-33 Toughbook, if the smartphone does not miss WiFi connection in the cars and moving. 
    2) please update the Toughbook's NIC drivers to the latest.

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Friday, January 24, 2020 7:37 AM
  • Hello,

The signal strength in the Toughbooks and cell phones were almost the exact same and the Toughbook would just cut out. on average in 5 minute increments.

I have made sure the NIC is up to date.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 6:28 PM