none
Deploy single printer with different port names via Group Policy RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if I am overlooking something but here is my issue.

I'd like to deploy a single printer that is wired on my network that has two different port names for different settings.

Printer Name: Main Office - Color

Port Configuration - Port Name: 192.168.1.201 Printer or IP Address: 192.168.1.201

Printer Name: Main Office - Mono

Port Configuration - Port Name: 192.168.1.201_1 Printer or IP Address: 192.168.1.201

I'd like them to appear on their computers as if they are locally installed, so: Main Office - Color instead of: Main Office - Color on Server

I see an option to add via DNS name, but that will only contribute to the end users confusion.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

I reviewed the print preference configuration in GPO, it seems we couldn't specific port name like "192.168.1.201_1", it seems we couldn't deploy printer using you mentioned configuration.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 6, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

William

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to share your current situation.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

William

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:33 AM