none
Bluetooth device on laptop not discoverable

Question

• Hello. I tried to discover my laptop from any device, but is not working. I saw that in W7 I have to manually turn on the discoverability feature. Although when I try to turn on searching the laptop by other devices I have such error dialog box popping out:

"No Bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation"

This is not true, because my bluetooth can search for other devices and successfuly send files to them.

Compaq nc6320.
    Bluetooth info:

HP Integrated Bluetooth module

Driver from Microsoft.
    Port_#0001.Hub_#0006

2006-06-21
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:22 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd suggest reinstalling the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Proposed as answer by ptiote Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:50 AM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'd suggest reinstalling the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Proposed as answer by ptiote Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:50 AM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 4:53 PM
  • Hi Rem 8,

I've found a note from MS here : http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/90373f67-6ea5-4fb2-84fa-19da351a6d451033.mspx
    named "Troubleshoot Devices and Files" for Vista that says :

"If you're trying to connect to another computer, make sure that computer is on, that you have enabled file and printer sharing on both computers, and that file and printer sharing can communicate through your firewall.

If that doesn't solve the problem, look for a specific problem in the following list....."

Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:47 PM
  • "No Bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation"

I have had this note and I have solved it by clicking on Fn+F2 which means in my laptop the short cut of running the wireless or the bluetooth or both of them together

by the way my laptop is (Asus F80s)

Sunday, April 25, 2010 8:23 PM