none
Media Server does not show up on network view in File Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• We have several computers on our home network and all are running Windows 10 with the latest builds.

Our oldest laptop an HP powerbook has a tendency to have its Media server disappear from the network view on occasion. The disappearances have no particular pattern and while we do not stream from that computer it has caused my wife a certain amount of concern.

On a possibly related note the connected devices do not always show up on her (the computer in question's) view. In particular the BluRay player and the Roku.

Friday, March 17, 2017 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From my experience, please check the Internet Connection Sharing setting on you and your wife’s computers, make sure you don’t tick option “Allow other network users to connect through this computer's connection”.

Besides, disable firewall and try to visit media server by IP address or UNC path.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:19 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:57 AM