none
removable disc

Question

• my computer wants to format my removable disc but before the format i want to save the flash contains in my computer will you guide me please
    Friday, November 10, 2017 11:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess you mean USB stick by "removable disk". If this is correct.....
    In general, when a computer wants to format a USB stick, it is corrupted or does not have any File System.

Please check if your removable can be read on other computers.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Saturday, November 11, 2017 3:34 AM
  • Simply go to run,type: diskmgmt.msc  in msc,locate the drive,R.click on it,open.Or L.click on it,go up to actions/all/

select "Make active" @ this point it will show in my computer,if not,its corrupted...

Sunday, November 12, 2017 2:44 AM
  • Hi,

When did you get the prompt that your pc asks you to format the disk?

Try the easy things first:

Connect it to another USB sport or another operating system and see if you can read the files.

Perform a clean boot.

Run Windows Defender to kill possible virus on the external hard drive.

Type “chkdsk o:/f” (if your external hard drive is Drive o:) into the Command Prompt window, you can replace the letter "O" if your external hard drive is not "O". Then click Enter button. Then restart your computer. If the above the suggestions can’t help you, I am afraid that there is no build-in tools to repair the damaged disk. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 2:46 AM
  • Hi,

Have you benefit from the suggestions?Any updates?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:24 AM