none
Impossible to side automatically 2 windows RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning sirs,

if i press Win+right arrow in W10 usually the current window will resize in the right side and then i will asked which window i want to put left.

I have a PC that doesn't do this action on the first time: i have to arrange manually the 2 windows the first time, and then, if i repeat, the OS will ask me correctly how i want to arrange the desktop.

What can i check?

Saturday, August 24, 2019 2:57 PM

Answers

• Have you tried Snap with Snap Assist?

Open Settings > System > Multitasking and switching the ‘Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen’ option back on.

The explorer.exe process is responsible for managing snap assist. So, restarting it might bring Snap Assist back to life for you.

You can restart it by opening the Windows 10 task manager with Ctrl+Shift+Esc and pressing ‘More details’.

From here, look for Windows Explorer, right-click it and hit Restart.

Sometimes zooming in and out has fixed their Snap Assist issues.

Open Command Prompt as Admin and type the following commands one after another to complete the operation in each case:

sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:24 AM

All replies

• Have you tried Snap with Snap Assist?

Open Settings > System > Multitasking and switching the ‘Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen’ option back on.

The explorer.exe process is responsible for managing snap assist. So, restarting it might bring Snap Assist back to life for you.

You can restart it by opening the Windows 10 task manager with Ctrl+Shift+Esc and pressing ‘More details’.

From here, look for Windows Explorer, right-click it and hit Restart.

Sometimes zooming in and out has fixed their Snap Assist issues.

Open Command Prompt as Admin and type the following commands one after another to complete the operation in each case:

sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:24 AM
  • Hi,

Here is a dicussion about this issue, for your reference: 

Win-Key + Arrow does not snap windows on Win10

Fix Windows Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working

https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-windows-keyboard-shortcuts-not-working/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 3:46 AM
  • After the sfc /scannow i get the message that some errors are present and couldn't be fixed:

here the log file

Monday, August 26, 2019 5:43 AM