none
app is on disconnected sceen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have in Office notebook with docking station and run app on other LCD (extended) big sreen. After end work time shutdown computer and go home. Start Win 10 and app is still on other screen, Win key + arrow not work. Move app in taskbar is not in Win 10.  I need work :( please help
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi mdvorak72,

Many(not all) software saves its location and size when it is closed. So, if an app is on other screen and you close it, it will show itself on other screen next time.

Please use "窓ならべ (WArranger)". It makes all opening app arranged/re-located in cascade style on the primary screen.
    It's only in Japanese at this time. Please refer to this screenshot.
         You can download it from here.
    http://hokusosha.com/software/default.html#WArranger

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:34 PM
  • Hi, 

As Ashidacchi said, it is by design that windows will store the last open configurations in registry.

Here are two workaround for you:

1.To get a window back you could do the Windows key + tab then Windows key + shift + left or right arrow key.

2.Try these steps out and see where it takes. The external monitor configurations are saved in a registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC\TMM .

Deleting which should resolve your problem.

To do this, follow these steps:

1.. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue. 

2. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC\TMM 

3. Right-click the subkey that you located in step 2. Then, click Delete.

4.Log off and log on to get this applied.

Remember to back up your registry before doing any changes to it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 16, 2018 3:10 AM
  • Hello, 

1. combination key is nt make any effect on my laptap

2. on my PC is not  subkey \MobilePC\TMM in path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\

Friday, February 16, 2018 11:00 AM
  • Hi mdvorak72,

A software "WArranger" that I introduced in my prior post is a freeware (nothing in charge), and I made and published it in June 2015. Why don't you use it?
    I've checked its behavior with my two monitors (4K and 2K) connected to my main PC.
    (I will multilingualize it, at least English.)  

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Friday, February 16, 2018 11:11 AM
  • Hi Ashidacchi, I have problem with install your app, install gui it is in Japan language.

But I try remeber when close this app firts move to primary llaptop screen. I am sad becouse move to primary display work good with old version OS.

Friday, February 16, 2018 12:04 PM
  • Hi mdvorak72,

Firstly I must apologize, my application is only in Japanese. I have never dreamed it would be used except by Japanese.

The screenshot you inserted requires your agreement for installing .NET Framework 4.5 (my app. requires it). Please click a button left side: [A] means [A]gree.

Regards, 

Ashidacchi

Friday, February 16, 2018 12:37 PM
  • Win key + arrow not work.

It should be  Win+Shift+Arrow  (otherwise you are only docking the window on the same screen).  

Move app in taskbar is not in Win 10.
    Using which app?  I haven't seen a problem with this one either, provided you pick the right thing to do a right-click on and see the window's window menu.   Then choose Move; then (important!) use an arrow key to engage the pointer into a window move operation.  And then finally drag the window to where you can see it. 

In fact, though, provided you can get keyboard focus onto the window that you want to move you don't even need to start with the mouse; e.g. use Alt-Tab to ensure you have keyboard focus, press Alt-Space M CursorRight, and then drag.

However, if you are in the unfortunate position of having your primary screen on that phantom monitor you can not use the Alt-Tab method but you could use Task Manager.  E.g. press Ctrl+Shift+Esc which would probably open on that phantom primary, so then press Win+Shift+CursorRight to get that into view and then use the TM list to Switch to the app you need to move and then use Win+Shift+CursorRight.  Etc.

Windows 10.  Still an Adventure ("Twisty passages, all different.")

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, February 16, 2018 8:10 PM