none
Windows 7 Ultimate No Audio Output Device Is Installed in Acer Aspire 4520

Question

• Hello there..i have some problem with my laptop.

My acer aspire 4520 have no sound. I'm tried to install driver from www.realtek.com but still no sound. I have install realtek R255 but after i'm install it , my device installation says " this device not succesfully installed " and i get yellow icon on Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager. I also tried to update it from device update but it still not working for my laptop and when i go to troubleshoot sound problem its says " realtek high definition audio have a driver problem"...what i can do now?? i'm still not get sound for about a 3 month. anybody can help me??

hi..
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:05 PM

Answers

• You need to uninstall any audio drivers you have installed.  Download the windows 7 driver from the Acer website: http://support.acer.com/us/en/product_support.aspx?tab=1 and install that driver.  A search of the internet implies the ALC288 audio chip is customized for Acer and only the Acer drivers will work.

Anytime you need a driver for your laptop go to the Acer Support website and check for current drivers there.  A lot of the hardware that is in brand name computers is customized for those OEMs and generic drivers will only cause problems.

Additionally, anytime you have a problem with your Acer laptop, you should go to the Acer Support website looking for answers.  Microsoft is not the source of hardware support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 7:07 PM
  • Then, you should contact Acer.
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:01 PM

All replies

• The support site for your Aspire 4520 offers no Windows 7 drivers.

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_4520.html

Have you tried downloading the Vista Audio drivers and installing them in compatibility mode?

Ignore the above and listen to Rick.

His link will allow you to select your Axpire 4520 and get the correct Win 7 audio drivers. I also agree with him that trying to use generic chipset drivers often leads to trouble. Get the Acer drivers.

• Edited by pvdg42MVP Saturday, December 18, 2010 11:22 PM correction
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:57 PM
  • You need to uninstall any audio drivers you have installed.  Download the windows 7 driver from the Acer website: http://support.acer.com/us/en/product_support.aspx?tab=1 and install that driver.  A search of the internet implies the ALC288 audio chip is customized for Acer and only the Acer drivers will work.

Anytime you need a driver for your laptop go to the Acer Support website and check for current drivers there.  A lot of the hardware that is in brand name computers is customized for those OEMs and generic drivers will only cause problems.

Additionally, anytime you have a problem with your Acer laptop, you should go to the Acer Support website looking for answers.  Microsoft is not the source of hardware support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 7:07 PM
  • ok.. i will try this but if it not working..wht i can do??
    hi..
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:12 AM
  • Then, you should contact Acer.
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:01 PM
  • hello..

you can still help me??

i have windows 7 on my laptop but it say no audio output device is installed..i'm using acer aspire 4520..i hve install driver from manufcturer but not working..i hve install realtek driver on my windows 7 but its say the device cannot start code 10..can u help me?? i lost my sound about 3 month.. :(( i soo sad..

hi..
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:21 AM
  • I am having the same issue since today afternoon. The pc and audio was working great but when I restarted my PC, I get a red cross on my speaker icon and "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" message.

I went to Device Manager to reinstall the driver but was not able to find any SOUND,VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLER

Kindly advise how I could get this fixed. Is this a motherboard issue or has my sound-card gone bad?

I am running on ASUS M2N MX SE mobo with inbuilt sound.

You DO NOT have the same issue!  You have a different system and you have chosen to hang your question on someone else's post which is not acceptable!

If you have a problem and you want help with YOUR problem, then START your own post!

• Proposed as answer by blackystrat Thursday, February 03, 2011 9:32 PM
    Thursday, February 03, 2011 8:46 PM
  • Right, very sorry about that!

Post deleted

Thursday, February 03, 2011 9:25 PM
  • hi, i had the same laptop acer aspire 4520, and i encounter the same sound problem weeks ago, i have tried any suggestion available in any forum and fail. Evem formating my computer installing new windows vista, i still had that exact same error. but then by luck i found this temporary fix and is work. first try to install acer audio driver from acer site. then go to system property and disable a "unknown device" and restart it should work, if not, try to work around, disable some exclamation mark function and reboot.

hope that help.

Friday, February 11, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Hi all... I too had audio problem with aspire 4520 with windows 7 64bit... Audio is fine when fresh install win 7 then after a lot of windows update suddenly audio is missing (red exclamation on speaker icon taskbar) after searching around and try to find a solution here's the step which i found to fix this problem : 1. open device manager... you will notice that there's no sound, video and game controllers (weird huh!) now open system devices 2. locate High Definition Audio Controller... right click and disable it... then right click again and uninstall. 3. Make sure you had internet connection right now... then hit scan for hardware changes button on toolbar 4. Now the system will scan your new devices and will find 3 new devices (HD Audio controller, agere modem and Realtek Audio) but Realtek will have yellow exclamation mark which stated the driver can't start... no worries! 5. now head to control panel and uninstall program... what you had to do is uninstall Realtek driver... then restart 6. After restart once again system will install new hardware... and after Voila... the speaker icon is back to normal and audio will be back Hopefully my fix can help you who face similar problem... Good luck to you all... :)
    • Edited by fs2com Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:40 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:39 AM
  • I have Windows 7 on my Aspire 4520 and I was having the same issue with the No Audio Device Installed when I did what you said Fs2com and it worked exactly like you said. so I happily used sound all day yesterday.(You may never know how many thank yous I gave you yesterday XD ) today I turn on my computer with the same problem so I decide to follow your steps again but now when I Scan for Changes after uninstalling High Definition Audio Controller in unknown devices a PCI Device appearswith a yellow exclamation mark and then installs "correctly" and High Definition Audio Controller appears again but no sound and the speaker Icon has the x on it again. 

Anyone have any Ideas?
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:39 PM