none
Problems with Vista Tablet PC touch screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Just discovered that my vista tablet touch screen doesn't work. What I also discovered was that it's seems quite hard to find anything like new drivers to download.. My computer is a HP tx1040ea, with lot of drivers made/integrated by HP themselves. It's running Windows Vista Home Premium, with the latest microsoft updates.

The win-process wisptis.exe seems to be working, is that the one controlling the touch screen functions? One might wonder if the problem is embedded so deep in the structure of windows, so that the restore discs might save me time anyway...

Does anyone have a clue where to find information/how to solve this problem?

Thx.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 12:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please have a look at the below article to narrow down the cause of this issue.

933288-Touch input stops working when two users are logged on at the same time in Windows Vista

This feature for Windows Vista is rely on the hareware supporting. Since you have update the driver for Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices. So I think you can contact HP to get better help on this problem.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, January 25, 2008 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, please follow the below steps to calibrate the touch screen:

1. Select Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Tablet PC Settings > General tab.

2. Click Calibrate.

3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

● Tap the pen in the exact center of each of the calibration markers. The calibration markers
    are displayed on the screen as plus signs (+).
    ● Be sure to calibrate the touch screen for use in all 4 screen orientations.

Then please test click settings:

1. Select Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Pen and Input Devices > Pen
    Options tab.
    2. Under Pen actions, select the action, and then click Settings.

3. After making any changes or testing the settings, click OK.

More information about HP pointing features:

Pointing Devices and Keyboard

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00818903.pdf

Besides, please update the driver for Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices from the below link:

Software & Driver downloads

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3352246

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:24 AM
  • thanks for quick reply!

I think I formulated myself wrong, the touch screen is not responding when i touch it, no difference in the calibration mode. What i've tried is flashing the bios, running the input/output updates that i found on the hp page for the tx1040ea and booting numerous times.

Could this be a hardware issue?

Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:56 PM
  • Hi,

Please have a look at the below article to narrow down the cause of this issue.

933288-Touch input stops working when two users are logged on at the same time in Windows Vista

This feature for Windows Vista is rely on the hareware supporting. Since you have update the driver for Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices. So I think you can contact HP to get better help on this problem.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Friday, January 25, 2008 6:50 AM
  • Ok, thanks! I'll check it out.

/jakiwar
    Friday, January 25, 2008 6:33 PM