none
how to disable update orchestrator service RRS feed

• Question

• i want to my w10 not to upgrade automatic , i prefer to do by my self ,and i disable windows update and windows update medic but  i can't do with update orchestator service , the combos for doing are disabled, the only thing i can do is to stop the service

how can i disable this service ?

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

As far as know, you could not disable update orchestrator service in services manager. As you can see in its Properties, the disable option will be grayed out. You can only temporarily stop Update Orchestrator Service in services manager. 

Update Orchestrator Service is one of the most important services required by Windows to bring in new updates to your computer. It is not recommended to keep this service disabled for longer.

If you indeed want to disable Update Orchestrator Service, you might try to modify the registry to change startup type of UsoSvc service.

Here is a thread talking about how to disable Update Orchestrator Service through registy, you might have a look:

Can't Access Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:39 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, June 17, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates on this issue?

Best Regards,

Candy

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:12 AM
  • it doesn´t work
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 7:04 AM