none
Unsigned driver for Emu 0404 on Windows Update

General discussion

• I was surprised that Windows 7 x64 found several drivers for my hardware on Windows Update, and even more surprised when it complained that one of the drivers isn't signed. The driver in question turned out to be for the Emu 0404 sound card. After I installed the Vista x64 driver, the card seems to work.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:24 PM

All replies

• I'm actually having the same issue. Although, my problem was that I plugged the Emu 0404 in first before installing the drivers.

The frustrating thing is that I have all of the drivers installed correcting on the PC and Windows 7 isn't having an issue, BUT Windows 7 is just not enabling the 0404. It sees the device and recognizes that the driver is unsigned, yet the Emu 0404 app and Sonar 8 are not seeing it as a valid i/o device.

HELP please!!!!
    Monday, May 18, 2009 2:31 AM
  • Just install the Vista driver, it works for me (note that there wasn't any unsigned driver on Windows Update anymore in the RC - there was some driver, but it didn't seem to do anything, but that's probably because the card requires PatchMix DSP; also, my card is 0404 PCI, so it's always plugged).
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:43 AM