none
Windows update causes problem in office RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed updates last week for both w10 and w7.

After that I've had problems with office, above all office component like odbc, oledb, and so on.

The solution has been uninstall and install office x64.

Can anybody help or tell me which has been the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hello everybody,

we have found the problem.

The problem has been the combination of those last windows updates and mcafee.

We have fixed the problem putting an exception in mcafee for not checking anything inside the office folder .

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:22 AM

All replies

• You should post specifics, including errors you are getting.

Note for others, user posted same topic here:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/e8640e32-9ddc-4f36-b79f-c7ce882ff806/dejan-de-funcionar-componentes-de-office?forum=win10itprogeneralES

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:33 PM
  • Hi,

If Office meet with problem after installed the recent updates, the first thing we usually do is uninstall recent KBs rather than reinstall Office (of course, reinstall Office is also a method).

If you are using x64 Windows but using x86 Office, the updates for Windows may influence Office and lead to unexpected issue, we recommend turn off Receive updates for other Microsoft products when your update Windows option in Windows Update Advanced options.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Kapil.AryaMVP Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:02 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:14 AM
  • Hello,

You should first uninstall the updates and check if this fixes the issue. You may turn off Office updates included with Windows, as Teemo mentioned. This will help you to prevent the issue in future.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Hello everybody,

we have found the problem.

The problem has been the combination of those last windows updates and mcafee.

We have fixed the problem putting an exception in mcafee for not checking anything inside the office folder .

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:22 AM
  • Glad to hear that you have resolved problem by yourself, I am happy to assist you with update issue.

Thanks for sharing, yes, anti-virus can be a reason for update or function issue, hope your experience will help other community members facing similar problems.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:47 AM