none
Problem with Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

Question

• I play a game called minecraft online. after upgrading from vista to windows 7 the game will not load. it gives the following error report:

Bad video card drivers!     
          -----------------------     

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
    This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
    Generated 4/17/11 11:44 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.4_01
    Java: 1.6.0_24, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    [failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:267)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:638)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 25c992f0 ---------

... I have looked but could not find a update driver and the current one is called " Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" . I had a dell XPS M1530 laptop

help?

Thomas

Monday, April 18, 2011 5:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Download and install the appropriate nVidia graphics driver - 8600M or 8400M - from http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk.
    Monday, April 18, 2011 7:16 AM
  • Hi,

You may also download the driver at http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Install.aspx.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:44 AM
  • If you have trouble with drivers from Windows Update or nVidia, try the Vista drivers from support.dell.com.

It's not uncommon for notebook PCs to use custom device IDs for their graphics adapters. Generic driver installers may not recognize them. Once you have WDDM 1.0 (Vista) drivers installed, you can probably upgrade them with drivers from Windows Update or nVidia.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:20 PM
  • same problem please help

i need my minecraft lol pl help

Monday, April 25, 2011 5:43 PM
  • Good day,

I was fed up with this problem since long time.....

I am using Operating System : Windows 7 32 Bit

System Manufacturer : Microstar International Co, Ltd...

System Model  : MS 7253

BIOS  : Phoenix Award work station (Bios V6.00PG)

Processor : AMD Athlon 64(tm) 3200+ ~2.0 Ghz

Ram : 1470 MB Ram

Display Drivers : VGA Graphics Adaptos

Chip : VIAK8M890CE

DAC type : 8 bit

Previously i was useing Windows XP with VIA HP 9IGC Family display drivers.... then i am able to play all kind of games in my system....

Now in windows 7 it's showing some errors... on which i used to play previous games. I tried to change my OS to Xp but i dont have a Windows 7, when i was installing windows XP on windows 7 it is showing "win32 is not a Valid application". 

How can i install Windows XP and please let me know suitable drivers to play games like Prince of Persia TT, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, for my PC and where can i download it.

PlZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help me.................

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:17 PM
  • XP mode requires Windows 7 Professional or better

Windows MVP, paid Remote Assistance is available for XP, Vista and Windows 7.

My page on Video Card Problems is now my most popular landing page. See my gaming site for game reviews etc.

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:10 PM
  • Good day,

I was fed up with this problem since long time.....

I am using Operating System : Windows 7 32 Bit

System Manufacturer: Microstar International Co, Ltd...

System Model : MS 7253

BIOS  : Phoenix Award work station (Bios V6.00PG)

Processor : AMD Athlon 64(tm) 3200+ ~2.0 Ghz

Ram : 1470 MB Ram

Display Drivers: VGA Graphics Adaptos

Chip : VIAK8M890CE

DAC type : 8 bit

Previously i was useing Windows XP with VIA HP 9IGC Family display drivers.... then i am able to play all kind of games in my system....

Now in windows 7 it's showing some errors... on which i used to play previous games. I tried to change my OS to Xp but i dont have a Windows 7, when i was installing windows XP on windows 7 it is showing "win32 is not a Valid application". 

How can i install Windows XP and please let me know suitable drivers to play games like Prince of Persia TT, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, for my PC and where can i download it.

PlZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help me.................

Are you trying to install XP mode under Windows 7 (requires Win7 Professional or Ultimate, to get a free XP license), or replace the operating system with XP? (If you're switching to XP, don't launch the XP install CD from the existing operating system. Boot from the CD.)

What sort of drivers are you using under Windows 7 for your onboard graphics? I don't see any Win7 drivers for your chipset, but there are Vista ones that would probably work:

http://www.viaarena.com/displaydrivers.aspx?PageID=1&OSID=36&CatID=2900&SubCatID=164

I hope that you realize that game performance of nearly all IGPs (integrated graphics processors) is poor compared to most discrete graphics cards. Don't expect too much from it, even with fully functional drivers.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:38 PM