none
Display advanced tab for user/person in portal? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to allow a "department admin" to edit a couple of attributes for a certain set of users.  The set and MPR are working for other attributes.  These attributes are not in the RCDC and I'd like to avoid adding them.  But the "department admin" users can't see the "extended attributes" tab in "advanced view".  Is there a way to expose that to them without making them mim admins?
    Monday, May 18, 2020 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Then no, not possible unless you want to make them admins.

Br

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by Jordan Mills Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:18 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Sure. Just add the attributes to a tab in the RCDC. Ensure you use Rights assignments correctly when adding them. Also ensure that only "department admin" has read/view permissions to these attributes.

The attributes then won't show up to ordinary users that do not have the right to view them.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Monday, May 18, 2020 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

Sure. Just add the attributes to a tab in the RCDC. Ensure you use Rights assignments correctly when adding them. Also ensure that only "department admin" has read/view permissions to these attributes.

The attributes then won't show up to ordinary users that do not have the right to view them.

Br,

Leo

"These attributes are not in the RCDC and I'd like to avoid adding them."
    Monday, May 18, 2020 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

Br

Leo

• Marked as answer by Jordan Mills Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:18 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

Br

Leo

Okay, thanks.  Marked as answer.
    Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:19 PM