none
5.1 surround individual speaker volume RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

This might be a really basic, vista type question.

Anyone know how to change the individual volume of the speakers in a 5.1 setup? In xp you can go into the properties of the speakers under sound, in the control panel, and change the volume levels of each speaker, which is handy as my rear speakers are on the floor so need a little boost.

I can't seem to find this in W7 though - it just seems to lead to a 5.1 gui setup type wizard, but no individual volume levels?

Cheers,

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:02 AM

Answers

• You left click on the speaker symbol in the taskbar.

Then you click the speaker symbol above the volume-level bar.

Then a menu with properties for the speaker opens.

There you have to switch to the level tab and scroll down the bar.

There are the volume options for the speakers.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:13 PM
  • Rt-click the System Tray speaker icon and choose 'Playback devices'.

Highlight your speakers and click the Properties button.

On the next dialog box, choose the Levels page.

On there, click the Balance button. Play... :)

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:54 PM

All replies

• You left click on the speaker symbol in the taskbar.

Then you click the speaker symbol above the volume-level bar.

Then a menu with properties for the speaker opens.

There you have to switch to the level tab and scroll down the bar.

There are the volume options for the speakers.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:13 PM
  • Rt-click the System Tray speaker icon and choose 'Playback devices'.

Highlight your speakers and click the Properties button.

On the next dialog box, choose the Levels page.

On there, click the Balance button. Play... :)

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:54 PM
  • hello, i've recently bought a 5.1 sound system (LOGITECH X-530) for my laptop however I cannot adjust the volume on each speaker.

One of the speakers is quite far away and is difficult to hear (Rear Right). I have tried adjusting the levels but my laptop does not acknowledge my system as a surround sound, just as left and right so when I increase the volume on the right, both front and rear right speakers increase making it even more difficult to hear the back right.

Is there any software which can make my laptop acknowledge my speakers as 3D surround sound and is there any way to increase the volume on each speaker.

Please help as this problem is very frustrating and if you can give detailed help, I can give my email address. Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by mitzi drifta Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:48 PM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:50 AM
  • i know what you mean, i used to have a really good program that allowed me to change the volume of each speaker individually, it was through c-media not sure exactly what it was.... now ive upgraded to windows 7 i cant get it anywhere so i now use xear 3d  if thats any help  :)
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:50 PM
  • thanks, i will search for it now. do you know whether it's free or not. thanks.
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:47 PM
  • K thanks first, second, had to fiddle with it, so that on the recording tab, on the what you hear thing, it then on the listen tab, selected listen to, then changed it to finally my <g class="gr_ gr_89 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="89" id="89">soundblaster</g> which shows six channels, then this worked, and I was like windows used to do this, but this stuff isn't intuitive, or done for you on some mobo's systems, for all those wondering.
    Monday, November 28, 2016 11:10 AM