Microphone still not working RRS feed

• Question

• My external microphone (headset) is not capturing sound. It works fine with other devices, and will output the fuzzy sound.  I have gone into the sound settings and made sure it is not muted. I have made sure that it is set as default and that the other "line in" option is disabled, as i have read is suggested. In microphone properties the volume is at 100, and the boost is at +40.0 dB. The "Microsoft Fix-it" couldn't find a problem, and Apparently my sound card is up to date. I am not missing any updates. Can someone please help me figure out what i am missing?
    Friday, January 28, 2011 6:33 AM

Answers

• Right click and show disabled / disconnected devices in the sound window > playback. Enable them, and right click your mic set as default. Make sure any other 3rd party sftwares don't control this. Turn them off.
    Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, February 4, 2011 6:01 AM
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 2:12 AM
  • Hi kittitkatt89,

In addition to Vishdafish’s reply, try to test your headset in Safe Mode to check if it works.

If it works, try Clean Boot to find out whether there’s any 3<sup>rd</sup> party software influences it.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 31, 2011 6:08 AM

All replies

• Right click and show disabled / disconnected devices in the sound window > playback. Enable them, and right click your mic set as default. Make sure any other 3rd party sftwares don't control this. Turn them off.
    Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 2:12 AM
  • Hi kittitkatt89,

In addition to Vishdafish’s reply, try to test your headset in Safe Mode to check if it works.

If it works, try Clean Boot to find out whether there’s any 3<sup>rd</sup> party software influences it.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 31, 2011 6:08 AM