none
I can't install any updates 0x80070011 error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a brand new laptop.

Updates KB4519338, KB4520405, and KB4524099 keep failing with the same error. I can't install any updates.

I noticed i have c:/windows and d:/windows on my partitioned hard disk.

Please help!

Thanks.

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi SameOldSame,

When Windows OS starts, C drive becomes a boot drive.

If it is a brand new laptop, "Windows" folder is only in C drive. 
    Do you make your laptop dual-boot, or do you see OS selection screen just after turning it on?

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Hello, 

Please run Windows Update troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot. Let us know what it reports back. 

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 4:27 AM
  • Hi

Have you tried using the Windows Update Troubleshooter? Go to Settings \ Update & Security \ Troubleshoot. On the right you should see Windows Update, run that and see if it fixes the problem.

Besides, look deeper into event viewer to check whether the update was installing to the wrong drive.

To launch event viewer, just search it from the start menu. Once in there, you should see some errors relating to the update that point you in the right direction. If your error is the same as mine, I'd recommend either:

1) Go into control panel and ensuring your updates are installing to the same drive that your OS is on.
    OR
    2) Downloading the update directly, therefore ensuring it's on your OS drive.

Hope can help you. Have a nice day!

Best regards

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Hi,

I am very happy to help you. Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem?  If you think the answer is helpful, please mark it as a reply, which will help more users get valid information.

Have a nice day=.=

Best regards,

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:14 AM