OnCommand MS Plugin Netapp storage V4.1.3 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to monitor my netapp storage with scom 2019.

Installed the MS plugin 4.1.3 SP2 which should be compatible with scom 2019

On command log i get the error below

2020-05-27 15:53:24,092 [5] ERROR OC.Cluster.OM.Server.Monitoring.PerformancePurge [MON] - The type initializer for 'OC.Cluster.OM.Library.Generated.DataONTAP.Cluster.Virtualization.ClusterVirtualizationHyperVVhdOnLUN' threw an exception.
    System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OC.Cluster.OM.Library.Generated.DataONTAP.Cluster.Virtualization.ClusterVirtualizationHyperVVhdOnLUN' threw an exception. ---> Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: De gebruiker contoso\contososerviceaccount is not authorized to perform the operation.
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ExceptionHandlers.HandleChannelExceptions(Exception ex)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.CreateEndpoint[T](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, SdkChannelObject`1 channelObjectDispatcherService)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.ConstructEnterpriseManagementGroupInternal[T,P](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, ClientDataAccessCore clientCallback)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.RetrieveEnterpriseManagementGroupInternal[T,P](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, ClientDataAccessCore callbackDispatcherService)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.SdkDataLayerProxyCore.Connect[T,P](EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, ClientDataAccessCore callbackDispatcherService)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ManagementGroup.InternalInitialize(EnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings connectionSettings, ManagementGroupInternal internals)
       at OC.Cluster.OM.Library.Generated.DataONTAP.Cluster.Virtualization.ClusterVirtualizationHyperVVhdOnLUN..cctor()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at OC.Cluster.OM.Library.Generated.DataONTAP.Cluster.Virtualization.ClusterVirtualizationHyperVVhdOnLUN.GetGeneratedObjects(ManagementGroup mg)
       at OC.Cluster.OM.Server.Monitoring.PerformancePurge.GetObjectsFromSCOM(PerfObjectTypes objType)

The service account is local admin on the server where the management pack is installed. Has no permissions in SCOM
    Anybody familiar with these kinds of errors?

Regards

Tom

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

"Installed the MS plugin 4.1.3 SP2 which should be compatible with scom 2019"

Did you check with NetApp if it is compatible?

When does this error appear?

Since this is a third party management pack, I suggest you verify the management pack guide that comes with the management pack to check if there are any configuration/steps that you've missed.

"To monitor NetApp storage systems in OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft, you must add Windows domain account credentials under which discoveries and monitoring workflows run. If you cannot connect to the controller entered into using the Manage Storage System option (for clustered Data ONTAP), you might need to configure the Run As action account. You might also need to do this if you the workflows are not operating successfully in SCOM."

Go through the installation guide here:

OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft 4.1.3 Documentations
    https://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=62673&language=en-US

Installation guide
    https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2590904

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Edited by Leon Laude Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by ThomasB1972 Thursday, May 28, 2020 6:14 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

"Installed the MS plugin 4.1.3 SP2 which should be compatible with scom 2019"

Did you check with NetApp if it is compatible?

When does this error appear?

Since this is a third party management pack, I suggest you verify the management pack guide that comes with the management pack to check if there are any configuration/steps that you've missed.

"To monitor NetApp storage systems in OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft, you must add Windows domain account credentials under which discoveries and monitoring workflows run. If you cannot connect to the controller entered into using the Manage Storage System option (for clustered Data ONTAP), you might need to configure the Run As action account. You might also need to do this if you the workflows are not operating successfully in SCOM."

Go through the installation guide here:

OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft 4.1.3 Documentations
    https://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=62673&language=en-US

Installation guide
    https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2590904

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Edited by Leon Laude Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by ThomasB1972 Thursday, May 28, 2020 6:14 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:35 PM
  • As Leon said, there probably is some kind of permission/account issue : De gebruiker contoso\contososerviceaccount is not authorized to perform the operation
    Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:49 PM

• Hi,
    My ONTAP data cluster SCOM management pack is having issues with the SCOM 2019 console. 

What problems do i create when i have 1 server with a SCOM 1807 console? 

I'm nog even sure it needs to be a management server.
    In the documentation it has requirement SCOM 2016 and later (needed for scom management packs)

I presume it just needs a console installed so it can import the management packs with the credentials of the user running the setup.

Correct me if i'm wrong please

Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:38 AM