none
Cannot find IE8 under "Turn Windows featurs on or off" - My OS is Windows 7 Pro

Question

• I have been having trouble with running IE8 32 bit after I installed IE9 beta.  I can not find the option to turn on or off IE (anything) under "Turn Windows features on or off".  Due to this I can not uninstall IE9 Beta and I can not uninstall IE8 so I can follow the directions I have from the forum.  Also I can not get IE8 32 bit to run.  How do I do the following:

1) Uninstall IE9 beta;

2) Uninstall IE8 32 bit;

3) Now install IE8 so I know that IE8 is running both under 32bit and 64 bit.

I am running Windows 7 Pro.

Thank You,

Jason Barron

Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:55 PM

Answers

•  
    Start/control panel/programs and features/view installed updates
    way down on the bottom........Windows Internet Explorer 9
    highlight it by clicking on it
    at the top click "uninstall"

You don't have to download and install IE8—it will magically reappear as your IE version

instructions for removing IE8

Internet Explorer 8 will now be uninstalled. The system will restart after the installation.
    Hopefully you will have another Internet Browser on your system to download IE8 from its official website

peter

--
    If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
    "DrBarron" wrote in message news:0d868ddd-ec4c-4c25-a2de-84b4bb8067da...

I have been having trouble with running IE8 32 bit after I installed IE9 beta.  I can not find the option to turn on or off IE (anything) under "Turn Windows features on or off".  Due to this I can not uninstall IE9 Beta and I can not uninstall IE8 so I can follow the directions I have from the forum.  Also I can not get IE8 32 bit to run.  How do I do the following:

1) Uninstall IE9 beta;

2) Uninstall IE8 32 bit;

Thank You,

Jason Barron

• Proposed as answer by MStoppl Monday, September 27, 2010 10:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, October 01, 2010 9:07 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 2:21 AM
  • Anyway, if you do not see IE in Add/remove features, there might be a different sollution:

1) Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7, run it and check, if IE8 appears on your list.
    2) You can you this fix-it solution: http://blogs.technet.com/b/fixit4me/archive/2009/03/18/uninstall-internet-explorer-8-fix-it-live.aspx
    3) On some forums it is also recommended to try a removal tool for IE8 beta, which should also work for IE8 (final)

Solution 2 (and 3) is a bit risky and I would recommend to backup your system first.

Monday, September 27, 2010 10:23 AM

All replies

•  
    Start/control panel/programs and features/view installed updates
    way down on the bottom........Windows Internet Explorer 9
    highlight it by clicking on it
    at the top click "uninstall"

You don't have to download and install IE8—it will magically reappear as your IE version

instructions for removing IE8

Internet Explorer 8 will now be uninstalled. The system will restart after the installation.
    Hopefully you will have another Internet Browser on your system to download IE8 from its official website

peter

--
    If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
    "DrBarron" wrote in message news:0d868ddd-ec4c-4c25-a2de-84b4bb8067da...

I have been having trouble with running IE8 32 bit after I installed IE9 beta.  I can not find the option to turn on or off IE (anything) under "Turn Windows features on or off".  Due to this I can not uninstall IE9 Beta and I can not uninstall IE8 so I can follow the directions I have from the forum.  Also I can not get IE8 32 bit to run.  How do I do the following:

1) Uninstall IE9 beta;

2) Uninstall IE8 32 bit;

Thank You,

Jason Barron

• Proposed as answer by MStoppl Monday, September 27, 2010 10:03 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 2:21 AM
  • Anyway, if you do not see IE in Add/remove features, there might be a different sollution:

1) Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7, run it and check, if IE8 appears on your list.
    2) You can you this fix-it solution: http://blogs.technet.com/b/fixit4me/archive/2009/03/18/uninstall-internet-explorer-8-fix-it-live.aspx
    3) On some forums it is also recommended to try a removal tool for IE8 beta, which should also work for IE8 (final)

Solution 2 (and 3) is a bit risky and I would recommend to backup your system first.

Monday, September 27, 2010 10:23 AM