none
Windows 10 Pro 1903 Windows Update Advanced Options only has "Pause Update" RRS feed

• Question

• I read that windows pro 1903 would still have a feature and quality update deferral option in my windows update Advanced screen I don't have those options I only have pause updates. Question: how do I defer feature updates for 1909 when it comes out in several months? I noticed in Group Policy under windows update/windows update for business an option "Select when Preview build and feature update are received" there are 3 options now for SAC. Two say for 1809 and below (deprecated) but there is one SAC that is listed Question: can I use that SAC to set the deferral for feature updates? will it work? 

any suggestions would be helpful

Friday, May 31, 2019 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

" I don't have those options I only have pause updates. "

Did you use a domain joined device?

Please run command line "gpresult /h c:\gp.html" to generate a report about applied group policies, then check if any update related policy has been applied to your computer. 

"Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are received" policy should be working with "Semi-Annual Channel" if your company not configured any conflicting policy. We could configure it to delay Windows feature update for 365 days. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 3, 2019 5:52 AM
  • yes on a domain

I think the change I made in Group Policy "Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates" to "Semi-Annual Channel"  worked I not see the setting 365 days and it's grayed out

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 10:53 PM
  • Hi,

Yes.

If you configured the group policy, the settings will gray out and not available to change through GUI.

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 7, 2019 9:07 AM