none
Windows 7 Professional New INstallation - No Audio Output device is Installed.

Question

• Okay, so I just installed windows 7 32bit or what have you and my sound was completely gone.
    I have an inspiron 1520.

Now, I've tried downloading sigmatel audio, I tried AC 97, and the original high definition audio. I've used my re-installation cds for drivers and ;;Niether of them work.
    Both are there in the icon show thinking and are said to be working, but there is still that little red ex on my sound.

I went to the Device Manager video game controllers and updated the drivers. They were up to date.
    I click the search for errors thing and it says that the sound is disabled.

I checked the disabled list in audio playback, and.. uhm, nothing is disabled.
    Here are a screenshots of my issues, as well as video playback of me doing some trouble shooting options;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9SNSPbRCsU
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/ayame_the_pretty_wolf/stuff.png
    Monday, January 04, 2010 1:35 AM

Answers

• Hello Sam,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software or directly download the latest driver from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, January 06, 2010 7:17 AM
    Monday, January 04, 2010 6:02 AM

All replies

• Get the latest Dell Vista driver from here http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1520 and install it in Vista compatibility mode following directions here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/80cae5ee-dc98-4a2f-8284-a1ab826059b7 . What else did the error log say about the sound, did it say WHY it was disabled?
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Monday, January 04, 2010 1:47 AM
  • I've tried yesterday.
    I have all of those drivers installed correctly.

It does not say why it was disabled.
    Just said audio is disabled.
    I checked everywhere, but apparently it's not disabled from the looks of it.

And it says its been turned off in windows.
    Monday, January 04, 2010 3:43 AM
  • Hello Sam,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software or directly download the latest driver from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, January 06, 2010 7:17 AM
    Monday, January 04, 2010 6:02 AM
  • Well, I'm having so many issues with it, and it doesnt seem to be for me.
    I am pllaning to downgrade back to my vista.
    Thank you all for you help. [=
    Monday, January 04, 2010 9:37 PM
  • Hi, I have recently bought an ACER Aspire 5741Z and stupidly it hasn't come with an audio output device and it is telling me to install it, but i don't know how to do this.  Please can you help..

Thanks

Monday, May 09, 2011 7:27 PM