none
silent installation paramters for Windows6.1-KB958559-x64.msu

Question

• Hi
    I need to register this .msu file into my product and deploy it to Windows-7 machine. But unforuntely my product will recognize .msi.rpm.sxp..etc..but not .msu. Inorder to register this package i have to create one custom package and i have to write one procedure to install this. That procedure should contain silent installation parameters. Could anybody please provide the silent installation paramters for this .msu file
    Tuesday, July 07, 2009 6:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can treat this MSU as any other Windows Update. The technique of silently installing Windows Update should work in this case. In particular, you can silently install the MSU using following command "wusa.exe <path-of-msu> /quiet". This will automatically restart the machine after installation is complete. If there is any failure, machine will not restart.

Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934307 for further information about Windows Update and wusa command line options.

Hope this helps.

"This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use."
    Tuesday, July 07, 2009 6:34 AM