none
Error code: 0x800F0247 A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store

Question

• I am running Vista 64 bit with SP1. I do not know if my problem relates to the operating system or SP1 specifically but it may do.

I have recently tried to install two things on my system. The first was a digital TV tuner (USB dongle type). My system would not recognise the hardware, then it had a problem finding the drivers and when I guided it to the installation disk it eventually came up with the error code:

0x800F0247 A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store

I thought the dongle must be faulty so I returned it to the manufacturer.

I subsequently tried to install drivers for my Nokia phone and went through the same problems. However I had previously installed the drivers for this on another computer so I know it works but on my computer,  after much searching by windows and having to again direct it manually to the installation CD, I again get the message:

0x800F0247 A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store.

Does anyone have a detailed step by step guide on how to get my computer to add drivers to the driver store when installing new hardware? I ask for a step by step guide because I am a novice at this and the problem just will not go away. I really need to solve this issue.

Many thanks.

Neil.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:32 PM

All replies

• I have a similar problem with a update .The update is for a device not in my in my HP Laptop.The update is from HP

and say it's up to Microsoft to put it right.This problem prevents any more updates being downloaded.

Thursday, September 07, 2017 11:56 AM
  • Same thing here too in my HP Laptop
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:03 AM