none
Waterfall charts not visible in Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Have an issue where waterfall charts are not visible in Excel Professional Plus 2016 (64bit)

-When trying to open user receives a message saying "This chart is not visible in this version of Excel" However it worked previously.

Was able to remedy the issue by uninstalling Office 2016 Pro from ISO on Microsoft deployment's website and installing the 32bit version available in our 365 portal. Why that worked I have no idea but I'm sure this is an issue we will run into again. Is this caused by and update we're missing or is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance,

-Dave 

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Do other new charts can be used in your environment?

What version of Excel 2016 do you use?

As far as I know, the feature is only available on Version 1611 (Build 7571.2072) which you can only get when you are on the Current Channel. Please click on this link for reference: Office 365 Client Update Channel Releases.

I suggest your go to File- Account- About Excel to check the version of Excel 2016 you're using. If the version is incorrect please improve your Office to the newest version.

If the version is correct, please try to repair your Office application.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:32 AM
  • This error come from windows updates, if a user has created a chart using excel setup with the last updates of office the other one whom hasn't this updates is going to have that error. So you must check for updates and check online for updates, once the system has done with you must restart the computer and the error has gone.

I am IT and fixed that error with many users in my office.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:43 PM