none
Default Domain after joining a domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I have an image of windows 7 which deploys perfectly to lab machines, except for one thing. After I join the domain via a script file and it restarts after that It displays ctlr-alt-delete as normal but when I press the key sequence to log in I have to first click on switch user to actually log onto the domain for the first time. Is there a way to edit the registry etc... so that I dont have to click on switch user after the initial retstart. I basically want the students to just log in straight after imaging the machines.

Thanks

Karl

Friday, July 8, 2011 7:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Karl,

Thanks for the post!

After join domain, which account you switched to logon the computer? a domain user account or a local one?

What's the screen like when your press ctlr-alt-delete?

If you use a domain user account to logon the computer, I think you need to "switch user" since the script may only help you join this machine to the domain.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:04 AM